Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: here is some help

Posted by Renee on June 12, 2001 at 09:20:22:

In Reply to: Re: here is some help posted by nyhawk on June 12, 2001 at 03:42:35:

Just to clarify a little...I was paying rent to the owner of the co-op. The bank contacted me the first week of March to tell me that she no longer owned the co-op and that I should not be giving her any money. I asked the representative if I should be giving them money, but she said no. Since that time, I have been saving the money and looking for a place. It's a good thing I've been saving, because in the petition they're also trying to hit me up for $2,500 for use of the property.

I also want to clarify that I was not trying to take advantage of a free ride by staying in the apartment. Due to my less than perfect credit, which is nobody's fault but my own, I have had a very difficult time finding an apartment. The fact that I've lived at my current address for over three years and never missed a rent payment is irrelevant. The first thing the broker's have asked is how's my credit and then tell me, sorry, we're looking for people with perfect credit.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name