Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Much more information needed

Posted by Renee on June 12, 2001 at 05:08:26:

In Reply to: Much more information needed posted by Zepher on June 11, 2001 at 22:04:13:

Sometimes, the utilitiy companies are impossible to work with. Bunch of incompetents. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Just finding out what the problem was may have taken LL several months of letters,calls etc. I had a building last year on which we installed new siding and updated electrical service and meter. Had to have electric company out to calibrate new meter and make sure all was installed correctly. It took six months of letters, calls, faxes threats and a bottle of prozac before I could get them out there. In the meantime, they ignored the fact that the tenants' electrical usage was not being metered and the tenants got 6 months of electricity (hot summer months yet) for free. I still couldn't tell you what took them that long except that no one knew what they were doing!!! Find out what has really been going on and try to understand that it is sometimes LL's fault, but sometimes it is beyond the control of a LL. Con Ed may not divulge info since you are not the building owner or they may try to give answers to cover their behinds, but you may be able to make out from what little they say to find out the time line of this problem.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name