Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: new york co-signer question

Posted by Chris G on June 07, 2001 at 15:43:20:

In Reply to: Re: new york co-signer question posted by skev on June 07, 2001 at 13:45:32:

: Do you know what type of documents prove this status? Is this something a notary might handle? Thanks again.

you could get a notarized letter in which the person declares they'll cover you. i don't know if there are any blanket laws about this, i think it's up to the LL to decide if they need it. below there is an example of a guanator's letter (it's for a college but the point is the same.)

other than that i'd just try to get some proof of the co-signer's, uh, fiscal solvency. tyr to get some of the same docs you have for yourself (tax forms, bank statements, etc.)

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name