Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Lanlord Harassment

Posted by Sarah on June 06, 2001 at 16:14:44:

I have a question about my former Landlord harassing me. I don't know what type of category I fall under (rent controlled, stabilized?). From September to this past May I rented a house in Wayding River, NY. To make a long story short, the house was in poor condition when i moved in (it took me and a friend 2 days to clean up the filth). I was running out of housing options, and it needed some fixing up, so I decided to rent it with another person until May. The Landlord told us that we can get 2 other roommates to help defer the cost of rent. We didn't have a lease, we had a verbal agreement. She never gave us a lease. One of the roommates turned out to be a real slob. Upon moving out, I informed my Landlord that I was moving out, and 2 other people would be moving out on May 31st. It turns out the slob moved out on May 31st and she left the house real messy. Now I'm receiving harassing phone calls from my ex-Landlord about taking me to court about the house. He's also making other allegations about me which are totally untrue (i.e., I held parties every single weekend. I never had a party at that house EVER!). Can anyone tell me what my rights are? her phone calls are getting real annoying, and I don't want to end up on Judge Judy :-).

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name