Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

This goes back to the '97 rent law changes...

Posted by MikeW on June 06, 2001 at 14:41:09:

In Reply to: When can landlord evict based on plans to renovate? posted by Michael Kraft on June 06, 2001 at 13:07:26:

You're going to have to do some of your own digging.

I remember that was an issue in the last rent law renewal. The LLs wanted to be able to deal with a situation where they have a building empty down to one or two apartments. The law gave them the ability to force the tenant to accept some sort of equitable relocation (ie. similar stabilized apartment in the same neighborhood). I don't remember anything about it having to be owned by the same LL.

You might want to find this in the stabilization code itself for the actual language.

: In reply to: my post re: whether landlords can evict based on plans to renovate apartments (rent stablizied), MikeW wrote:

: > In certain instances they can force you to relocate to a similar
: > apartment at a similar rent . . .

: In which instances?

: Also, do you mean relocate to another apartment in a building that the landlord owns &/or elsewhere? -- i.e., does the landlord have an obligation to provide the alternative apartment if he forces you to move based on plans to 'renovate' the apartment?

: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name