Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord is "showing" my apartment...

Posted by lisa on June 05, 2001 at 20:37:58:

In Reply to: Landlord is posted by Jay Weedon on June 05, 2001 at 19:56:00:

It's in your lease that the LL has the right to show the apartment effective 60 to 90 days prior to the expiration of the lease.
Your best course of action is to tell the LL you want to meet with the broker. When you do, discuss showing times, but be reasonable, don't forget that you are going to need LL references for your next apt.
What are your concerns? Your personal belongings? Your privacy? - Brokers show occupied apartments all the time and are very good at protecting your apartment and not allowing perspective tenants to touch anything.
Remember that this is how brokers earn a living, so they dodn't want to inconvenience you, they want to get along with you and not antagonize you. I'm sure that you'll find some common ground once you give the broker a chance. Your best bet is to let the broker in when you are not home, so you don't have to deal with the showings and the strangers. Ask the broker to give you 24hr notice before each showing and hope it gets rented quickly.
Good luck,

: My landlord wants to sell my apt. thru a broker. Can I legally
: insist that neither the landlord nor the broker show the place
: to prospective buyers without my being physically present?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name