Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I have another perspective

Posted by Minty on June 05, 2001 at 16:12:08:

In Reply to: I have another perspective posted by will on June 05, 2001 at 15:36:20:

So, in essence, you're profiting off the LL AND the roommate. Pretty sneaky, sis!

Granted, many LLs are swindlers, but take a look at this situation: the LL owns a prime spot, which just happens to be rent stabilized (not that I'm particularly worried about this LL's financial security, mind you). It's inappropriate for a tenant to profit off of what doesn't belong to them. It wouldn't be acceptable in a non-stabilized unit, either, but shouldn't this woman count her blessings she is in a stabilized situation?

To you, Queen Mary... I shall never again live with anyone who doesn't produce a lease. As for the "wonderful" person who supported you, that's their business. If I wanted a dependent, I would have a child. ;)

: And newsflash this roommate is never gonna get a sweet deal like this...he entered it knowing the deal. Most roommates do. Now his $2,200 will get him a closet on the east side avenue A. And this woman will be living in what she can afford...I hope she doesn't end up homeless...before this law both were safe and happy.

And, newsflash! $2,200 will get you one hell of a place in Brooklyn.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name