Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

no repairs

Posted by Lynn on June 02, 2001 at 14:20:59:

Husband and I have been renting a house for 7 years in the Philly Pa area.We have put up with so much from our landlord these years,and she don,t want to make any repairs.It,s always a patch job that don,t hold up.And since we moved in the front bedroom ceiling leaks from the roof.She knows she has a bad roof.Well last week with all the rain it finally gave and we had water every where.It ruined our bedroom set and it leak all the way down to our living room stuff.Our bathroom leaks and the water from that comes into the kitchen and theres a big hole in the ceiling.Our front steps are falling apart that my husband fell down them over the winter.Right now we are sleeping on the floor downstairs,because we have no bedroom.She has a handy man that only can come at nites to do repairs,but he does patch jobs.He has been working on our kitchen for over a year and its not done.The mess we have from the roof leaking the floor boards have come up.I do have renters insurance so my stuff is covered and the landlord has homeowners,but she don,t want to spend the money to do the job right.It will take 3 man to fix our upstairs.The man she wants works at another job all day and can only come on Sundays or at nite.Who wants someone in the house making repairs at 6,7 at nite.Is there something I can do like withhold the rent till repairs are made right?We always pay our rent on time and never in 7 years have we been late.Help this landlord is crap and I need to know where I can go.Thank you Lynn

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name