Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Can I get a credit for no bathroom - where are you?

Posted by Grace on May 31, 2001 at 20:00:09:

In Reply to: Re: Can I get a credit for no bathroom - where are you? posted by Ace on May 31, 2001 at 13:24:45:

Thanks, Ace.

I am in NYC in a rent stabilized apartment. I will follow your suggestions.

Thanks again,

: Grace, where are you located? If you're in New York City and your apartment is rent stabilized, you can call DHCR about filing a reduction of services (you can also ask them if your apartment is rent stabilized or not if you live in New York City and are not sure of apt. status) -- but only AFTER you send a certified letter (better yet, fed ex the letter for signature upon receipt) direct to the LL in a short polite letter asking about the credit reduction and why (the renovation and dates bathroom was out of order). Keep a copy of what you send to LL for your files and put in a safe place, like a bank safety deposit box, along with a copy of your lease.

: If you don't hear from the LL after 10 days, then call DHCR and file. Again, I'm not sure if you're located in New York City so you'll need to provide more info. Also, check your lease to see if there's anything that can help you in this situation.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name