Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

APARTMENT FIRE - NOW HOMELESS

Posted by EILEEN on May 30, 2001 at 23:17:49:

Hello, I am hoping that I can get some help here. I have a serious problem. I signed a lease for 1 year. My boyfriend and I are both disabled. The house had an electrical fire. It is under investigation. The previous tenant was mad that we were moving in and hadn't paid his rent for a few months, but even the landlady or londlord paid him to leave. We paid first and last months rent. I stopped at the fire dept. the other day to tell them the previous tenant did indeed put peanut butter in some outlets. Everything I worked for so long for went up in flames. Now the landlords, lady, whatever, says sorry, don't know yet what we are doing, I would make other plans!!!! We are very upset!! This has made us both homeless and we even did the whole apartment over, washed the carpets, did all the cleaning before we moved in, painted, put up border. Spent alot of money on doing repairs, which was in the lease saying if we need anything done, it is up to the tenant to pay. That is the least of our problems, we were very good tenants, and we got burned out of our home. Any suggestions?? This is very, very straining on both of us. My fiance' is getting sicker and sicker. We have no help! Please respond to this letter, we need some real advice. We are going to go to bat, this just isn't fair!! Thank you Eileen Cassino

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name