Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index


Posted by gary on May 30, 2001 at 11:18:51:

In Reply to: DRAFT OF FORMAL COMPLAINT posted by adberg on May 29, 2001 at 11:16:22:

I'm not sure there's much point in contacting the landlord first. Have you researched the kind of relief you can get in the courts or DHCR? I believe treble damages are possible. Will your landlord give you treble damages? Not a chance. More likely he'll try to pressure you into an unfavorable settlement.

I agree that housing court is much much better than the DHCR. But you would need a lawyer for that.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name