Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Rent Credit for 6 days of no bathroom facilities?

Posted by GraceT on May 26, 2001 at 12:50:01:

My question is:

Can I receive a credit on my rent for having NO bathroom facilities for 6 days?

The situation:

The landlord is renovating all the plumbing (re-doing bathrooms)in the building.

They completely gutted my bathroom on Friday 5/18/01 - so I had no bathroom facilities that day.
In the afternoon, when they finished work for the day, they put the toilet and tub (no sink) back.

However, that night there was a leak in the 3rd floor apt and since she was out of town (and would not return, it turned out)
until the following Wed 5/23, they had to shut the water off in the entire line.
So our entire line was without toilet, sink, or tub for that whole time.

The plumbers came in again and worked on my apartment on Thurs 5/24 and so I had no bathroom facilities again for that day.

I contacted the landlord's maintenance department 2x during this period and told them I wanted a credit on my rent for this.
They did not give me an answer -- saying they would speak to their boss about it.

I'm sure there must be some standard amount that a tenant can deduct if they have no bathroom facilities available to them.

Your help is appreciated. Thanks,
Grace

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name