Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

want to take ll to small claims court

Posted by mari on May 24, 2001 at 14:27:12:

i live in brooklyn in a 4 family house on a month to month lease. i went thru a broker & moved in on 1/1/01. two weeks later, i was told that the ll put the house up for sale. one of the other tenants told me that the apt. that i rent was in the paper back in november & december and it was for rent on one page & for sale on another page. it was not up for sale with the same realty. ll did not disclose this info to me or the realtor who found the apt. for me. in april i received a termination notice to be out by 5/31/01. can i bring my ll to small claims court for renting to me under false pretenses? i have proof...the newspaper & the realtor said that they would give me a certified letter stating that they were not notified that the house was for sale. ll also told me to buy rugs (because of the tenant downstairs) & i had to buy a fridge. i found another apt., but i would still like to know what i can do.

mari

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name