Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: No outlets? Is this legal?

Posted by Cvillecpm on May 21, 2001 at 09:13:02:

In Reply to: No outlets? Is this legal? posted by Max on May 20, 2001 at 19:55:02:

: I just moved into an apartment with a 4 month prepaid lease. The lease started on the 1st of this month. There were no three prong outlets in the apt. (and only 2 two prongs) when I moved in, and the landlord said he would put them in that day. It is now the 20th of the month, and they are still not in yet. I have asked the landlord 4 times, and left a note on his door last week. I haven't even moved in yet because I can't plug anything in! What laws does this pertain to? Is there anything I can do? At $1400 a month, I can't stand to wait much longer to move in.

You can't win the Lottery w/o buying a ticket; likewise, go buy the "adapters" for the outlets yourself. $2/each at any hardware store and you take them with you when you move. If you rent in area with older properties, always have these as most outlets are not "grounded". NoBrainer!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name