Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: >>chains and bolts do wonders<<

Posted by yours truly on May 17, 2001 at 11:56:04:

In Reply to: Re: >>chains and bolts do wonders<< posted by Ace on May 17, 2001 at 09:50:38:

You stated that " putting in extra chains or bolts would help" but obviously, if this tenant had those security devices, the landlord would NOT have been able to walk up the stairs to enter her bedroom.

As far as a paper trail is concerned, I would install the chain and or bolt ASAP and THEN inform the landlord that you did so due to the conduct of the landlord. Send it certified with receipt and send a copy via regular mail. The tenant cannot wait for "this type" of landlord to decide the security issue.

As far as being thrown down the stairs, after attempting to enter a bedroom, I feel it is quite appropriate since the landlord did not verbally announce his/her presence and If the tenant came out of the bedroom swinging a bat in self defense, in anticipation of an intruder, then it's quite a happy ending for a low life animal landlord.

I do not fawn over landlords.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name