Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

anything's possible

Posted by Ace on May 16, 2001 at 15:40:05:

In Reply to: Rent reduction for blocking of windows due to construction? posted by Nick on May 16, 2001 at 15:28:01:

Have you already signed your lease? Was this included in the lease, the renovation and time frame of it? You didn't mention if there is any noise going on as well, or any other disruptions -- are there?

If you have a signed lease, check and see what it covers.

:
: My building just got bought and the new landlord just took over.

: Now, as I was negotiating the new lease the LL said that she wanted to do some renovations on the facade. I asked how long that would take and she said 5-6 weeks. Fine.

: I have now found out that the scaffolding is going to be up for 6 MONTHS, not 6 weeks. Ouch! I live on the second floor and I cannot even see the street as the deck-like platform has high walls and is effectively blocking the view of the entire front section of the apartment.

: Is there any precedent for successfully requesting a rent reduction based on the fact that the apartment (and my quality of life) has lost much of its value (and view)for what is effectively half the lease term? Did I mention the rent was also raised $700 per month! Nope, not rent stabilized....

: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name