Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: PAR form returned to me --- am I screwed?

Posted by Ace on May 14, 2001 at 16:56:27:

In Reply to: PAR form returned to me --- am I screwed? posted by Candy on May 14, 2001 at 15:52:12:

Once you determine what the problem was, make a copy of everything, including the envelope, double and triplecheck everything's in order and then send it all Federal Express, along with a quick short note indicating why then cross your fingers and hope for the best. I don't trust certified mail as a rule -- this is a clear reason why, if it turns out this was the post office's fault. However, if you did not include everything the appeal sheet asked for, that's a different story, and DHCR will have something circled or indicated as to what was not included or missing.

: A week or so ago I mailed off an appeal of a DHCR ruling--a petition for administrative review. I went to the post office and mailed it certified mail. I filled out everything correctly. I never got the return receipt but I figured everything was OK, that the post office was just being slow.
: Well, everything was not OK. I just got a notice to the post office saying that the PAR was being returned to me. No explanation. The postage was correct--it was weighed at the post office. It was addressed correctly. I will get ahold of the package tomorrow.It is now past the deadline for filing the PAR.
: I figure one of three things happened:
: 1) I did something wrong. I put down the wrong zip code or something.
: 2) The post office screwed up
: or 3) The DHCR screwed up.
: The post office guy told me over the phone there is no chance I can just fix the problem and send it out again (and keep the postmark within the 35 day period)
: Viewing each of these possibilities in mind, what do I do?
: I guess I can take the whole envelope, show it was postmarked in 35 days, and mail it out again. Would that work? Any thoughts on the subject appreciated. Thanks.

: thanks,
: Candy

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name