Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

PAR form returned to me --- am I screwed?

Posted by Candy on May 14, 2001 at 15:52:12:

A week or so ago I mailed off an appeal of a DHCR ruling--a petition for administrative review. I went to the post office and mailed it certified mail. I filled out everything correctly. I never got the return receipt but I figured everything was OK, that the post office was just being slow.
Well, everything was not OK. I just got a notice to the post office saying that the PAR was being returned to me. No explanation. The postage was correct--it was weighed at the post office. It was addressed correctly. I will get ahold of the package tomorrow.It is now past the deadline for filing the PAR.
I figure one of three things happened:
1) I did something wrong. I put down the wrong zip code or something.
2) The post office screwed up
or 3) The DHCR screwed up.
The post office guy told me over the phone there is no chance I can just fix the problem and send it out again (and keep the postmark within the 35 day period)
Viewing each of these possibilities in mind, what do I do?
I guess I can take the whole envelope, show it was postmarked in 35 days, and mail it out again. Would that work? Any thoughts on the subject appreciated. Thanks.

thanks,
Candy

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name