Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

noise-coop owner out of complience with lease

Posted by Elissa on May 09, 2001 at 13:24:39:

I live in a rent stabilized apt from 1978 in Queens NY. I'm surrounded by Coop owners. My problem is the people above me moved in on Feb. 16, 2001 without carpeting. I also have a new problem with the people below me due to the fact that 3J works in a nursing home that 1J has a relative in. I am getting it from both. I have been fighting with the Coop because they are very noisey all the time. They wake me at all hours of the night. I've had security to my apt many times to document the noise. The Coop has sent two letters to them which they have ignored. On 5/4/01 I was told by management that the Coop sent a lawyers letter. On 5/8/01 the police were at my apt due to noise from above and read the letters to the Coop and filled out a harassement complaint. How can I get the Coop to act in a more timely manner. I have a 31 year old learning disabled son who is being made sick by this matter and so am I. I'm very worried about my sons mental health. Please help.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name