Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Help with landloards!

Posted by Honey Bee on May 07, 2001 at 23:21:52:

In Reply to: Help with landloards! posted by s.high on May 07, 2001 at 17:52:06:

Write them a polite, respectful letter explaining what you have explained to us. It is possible that your neighbors/landlords were confused and thought you were running a business or adding extra residents to the apartment.

In the legal sense you probably have the "right" to babysit kids in the mobile home, but you don't want to go into legalities. Not worth wasting the time and trouble, especially since they could just end your tenancy in a month anyway.

Investigate purchasing a mobile home. In many parts of the country if you have reasonable credit you can purchase a mobile home for monthly payments that are almost equal to what you pay in rent...and after you're done paying for it it's yours.

: my husband and I rent a mobile home from the people next door to us. We have a month to month lease and we live in PA. I recently started babysitting for a friend (she has two children) and last week I recieved a letter in the mail, and not a very nice one, that they (the landloards) do not want baby sitting done in the trailer. Do they have a right to tell us what we can and can not do in the trailer? Our lease has nothing in it about baby sitting or running a business out of our home, which I'm not, I'm doing this to help a friend out.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name