Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Passive resistance

Posted by John on May 04, 2001 at 06:51:52:

Greetings,

I live in a quadraplex in Wisconsin. I have a one year lease which I have renewed for the last four years. The rent has gone up once since I've been here. Not bad. Here's my problem: My landlord refuses to do repairs. Last August the railing rusted off the concrete stairs leading to my door. All I asked was to have it repaired by the time it snowed. It's May and I still have no railing. It was dangerous at times during the winter when I was not home to keep the stairs free of snow and ice. I worried about visitors and package deliveries under these conditions. The LL promised on NUMEROUS occasions to repair the railing. He even set up dates. He never shows. I have several other problems that need fixing (dishwasher making LOUD noises, no deadbolt on the main entrance door, faulty ceiling lighting, downstairs toilet in bad repair). I feel like an idiot every time I make a request for repair. I know the LL won't be coming. I like the apartment and I want to stay. Is there anything I can do? I don't want to get evicted for taking action either. Is there any Wisconsin tenant rights document I could be directed to? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

John

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name