Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Helluva mess we got into!!!!

Posted by Art, Wendy, Nathan on May 02, 2001 at 05:52:15:

Ok, I know the first question that is going to be asked is "Why are you still living there??"... Well, first it was money and second it was a promise that everything would be fixed/resolved.
: We moved in to Cavalier Country Club in August, 2000 (Saturday). That night it POURED and our livingroom flooded! The LL did NOTHING except clean our utility shed a bit... no drying of the carpet, no steam cleaning nothing! We complained but 2 weeks later IT HAPPENED AGAIN! This time we got the Code Enforcement Agency & the DE State Health Dept. involved. They were not happy... apparently there was a HUGE hole in the roof... They promised to fix everything and gave us a 2/3 daily rent reduction for the time we were inconvenienced (34 days total). Other misc. problems but then it happened AGAIN inDecember! The 'patch' they made to the roof came apart and we demanded a new apartment, also for them to move us (or give at least 1/2 of rent for moving)... they refused but offered an apartment. We could not afford to move!?!? (Sad I know)... we gave them half the rent and said take it or leave it... they took it! we have been searching with no luck for another 'suitable' apartment. It happened AGAIN in March! WTF is going on!?!? All I can say is LOUIS CAPANO & SONS don't give a damn about what is going on... the LL is now taking us to court for failing to pay rent, which we have specifically said is not late because there is another rent reduction in order for this incident (already had 2 previously!).
: CAN ANYONE HELP OR ADVISE????

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name