Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Help!!!Bkr Changed CReport

Posted by Renee on April 27, 2001 at 12:55:28:

In Reply to: Help!!!Bkr Changed CReport posted by DH on April 27, 2001 at 12:38:41:

You don't say where you are from. Basics - check your application - it may say something to the effect that "owner may terminate any agreement entered into in reliance on any mistatements". Personally, if you are always on time with rent, I don't know why they would bother with another credit report. When a landlord does a credit report, it is to try to determine if you will pay rent on time. It seems as though that would be a waste of time since they already know that you make timely payments. The truth always comes out in the end, but if I were you I would play dumb about the first report if it comes out. If they want to be hardnosed, they could refuse to accept your application based on bad credit report, but if you're a good tenant - I wouldn't think that will be likely. Sometimes we worryy far in advance about things that may never happen. Wait and see. They may not even catch the disparity. So.... best wishes and congratulations to the new parents!! Save your energy on worrying - you will need it for parenting.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name