Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: How do I "evict" my Roomate

Posted by al on April 25, 2001 at 13:20:13:

In Reply to: Re: How do I posted by KOMO on April 25, 2001 at 12:38:28:

have you thought to ask the original poster what his issues with his roommate are? not that it is your business, but for all you konw the roommate steals the tenants things and throws food at the walls.

the only reason the roommate is there is because the tenant let them. if someone has their own place and chooses not to have a roommate, are you going to say that they are making people homeless because they aren't giving them the option of rooming with them?

you are taking from your personal experience instead of looking at this as a particular situation. in your experience hte tenants have been jerks. I've seen this happen. I saw my friend rent a room in an apartment and pay 2/3's of the rent but not be allowed to have guests over or sit in the living room. but that doesn't mean that roommates who are not tenants (or even who are) are not also sometimes the jerk in the equation. I've seen roommates who peed on the floor in the living room, who stole things, who refused to participate in household chores like washing their own dishes or putting food away so it didn't go bad/attract rodents.

i also wish you knew the person they were evicting so you could at least claim to have some perspective on this situation before speaking so harshly against the tenant.

: I can only say to the evictor and his co-conspirators, I wish I knew the person you are trying to make homeless so that I could assist him. Who the hell are you to tell someone to shape up? Usually in my experience it's the leaseholder that can't make the rent himself but wants to live like he's the only one there. What a bunch of creeps. May you go homeless and starve. A bunch of self satisfied wannabe landlords!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name