Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: How do I "evict" my Roomate

Posted by KOMO on April 25, 2001 at 10:53:47:

In Reply to: How do I posted by Lonnie on April 25, 2001 at 10:08:42:

What? your roomate is not human? They should be on the street because your name is on a piece of paper and not theirs? I've personally be displace a number of times because of people's whims, the whims of psychotics, drug addicts, rent gouging profiteers..etc. And please don't say "get your own place" because it is impossible now unless you're wealthy! Again please don't tell this guy how to make someone homeless!

: I rent an apartment with the lease in my name. I took in a roomate last June first. We decided that he could stay a year at the very least. There was nothing in writing. Over the course of the year I have become very unhappy with the living situation for various reasons. I have also decided to just keep the apartment to myself. I verbally informed him March 1st that I want to end this roomate situation on June 1st. I followed up with a registered letter on April 1st. All indications are that he has no plans of leaving and will stay until he is forced to leave. My question is how do I go about getting rid of him as soon a possible after June 1st?
: Thank you for your help,
: Lonnie

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name