Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Access problems

Posted by Alex on April 20, 2001 at 10:53:22:

Every year over the last three years my phone has gone out due to problems with the wiring. In order to repair the problem, Verizon needs to access some junction box. The problem is that you have to go through the super's apartment to access this box and this is difficult, at best. Last year because he REFUSED to give them access, it took about 2 weeks for Verizon to restore my service. This year my phone went out on 3/23/01 and he absolutely refuses to grant access to Verizon to this box, so I don't don't know when I will be able to have phone service again. There is a history in Verizon's database that this guy is problematic.

Verizon has the option of relocating this box to a more accessible location, but they still would need to be able to access it, period.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can handle this...like maybe sue the landlord and the super? After all, you must have access to 911 and they are preventing me that basic access since I have no line. I am sick and tired of going round and round with Verizon and would welcome any other thoughts as to how I can bring an end to this situation, other than move out.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name