Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Tenant Blacklisting

Posted by JJ on April 19, 2001 at 16:31:23:

In Reply to: Tenant Blacklisting posted by Ronin on April 17, 2001 at 01:30:49:

: Hello,

: In this month's edition of Rent Wars News, we featured the story of Andrea's battle against Borah Goldstein. One crucial part of the story was the fact that she had been added to a "Landlord's Credit Bureau" which caused her to be denied apartments by Real Estate agencies, etc. even though she had always paid her rent on time or in advance.

: We are exploring this aspect further and want more information.

: I'm looking for any tenants, attorneys, or others who know anything about the various tenant blacklists that are maintained in the city. I am especially interested in any blacklists that add a tenant merely for being sued in court as well as "credit" based lists.

: Thanks in advance for your assistance.

: Ronin

Have you used the TN search engine for 'blacklist' ? This topic is visited regularly. To my recollection, no one has posted a source but someone did run into anonline source for landlords.

My thought of the day: tenant-eviction-factory lawfirms like Borah share their databases of lawsuits with their peers and their clients.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name