Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: vehicle towing

Posted by Renee on April 17, 2001 at 14:06:29:

In Reply to: Re: vehicle towing posted by wayne on April 17, 2001 at 06:41:05:

I would first write a polite letter explaining what had happened and asking why this happened? I would also suggest that since the towing company was working on their behest (is that a word?) and since they SEEMED to have been in error in towing your car, you feel that the towing cost should be refunded by them, the towing company or both. I would cc the letter to the towing company and send all certified.

In cases like this I always try to catch the flies with honey first and don't escalate until it is absolutely necessary to do so. If their response to you is unfavorable, I would proceed in writing a letter stating that I am not satisfied with their explanation and if I receive no refund within 7 days, I will be forced to seek redress in small claims court at which time I would also request the reimbursement of my court costs in addition to the towing charges. I would then follow thru. Hope they see clear to a refund prior to it. Don't be intimidated by the courts. They are not that difficult to deal with as long as you present documentation: notices, lease, photos, receipts, etc.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name