Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: NEIGHBOR HARRESSMENT...You were warned!

Posted by Ace on April 17, 2001 at 12:41:41:

In Reply to: NEIGHBOR HARRESSMENT...HELP posted by PEGGA on April 17, 2001 at 12:03:54:

As long as management and the police know that your neighbor is just a nuisance, ignore the lady. Sounds like she's lonely and just wants any kind of human contact. You'll have to decide whether the cheap rent and location of apartment is worth your peace and sanity. Good luck.

: I have a unique situation. I took over my friend's east village studio about 2 months ago. Although she had warned me of the crazy woman neighbor next door before (we share a common wall), I proceeded to take the apartment because it was rent-stablized and without a broker's fee. During my first week of staying, this woman knocked on my door, demanding that I have to follow her "rules" of living. She told me not to wear shoes in my own apt because she could hear me walk.(I'm only 95 lbs). Everytime, if I have guests over, she would bang on the wall. She even called the police claiming that I was having a party, the police actually waited in front of my door for 20 mins to verify the situation, they then knocked on my door explaining that there was a complain phone call but they didn't hear anything. I'm a very fair and quiet person, I understand the definition of living in new york. I have talked to my building management about her, they told me to ignor her because she has also been harressing other neighbor above and below her. This woman is crazy. I have a letter/statement from the previous tenant. Is there anything I can do to 1.have her stay away from me or 2. get her evicted? please advise

: Thank You.

: Peggy

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name