Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: NEIGHBOR HARRESSMENT...HELP

Posted by JL on April 17, 2001 at 12:21:00:

In Reply to: NEIGHBOR HARRESSMENT...HELP posted by PEGGA on April 17, 2001 at 12:03:54:

say, this isn't the ladt that was featured on that episode of "this american life" is it? that story also featured a neighbor who was always trying to get a young woman evicted for 'selling drugs' which of course was a complete fabrication.

the only thing i can think of is to show her you are not gonna be pushed around. she knows the cops don't think you are disturbing the peace and you can explain to her that, while you'll be as conscientious as possible, you're not breaking any laws. you have to stand your ground, cuz if she feels like she's getting anything over on you, she'll never stop.

even if you are very firm with her, however, if may not end her behavior. it sounds like the management people are not gonna do anything, so you're on your own. i don't know if there are laws concerning this, other than harrassment. still, i'd live next door to an entire insane asylum if it meant i got to live in the east village for cheap!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name