Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

NEIGHBOR HARRESSMENT...HELP

Posted by PEGGA on April 17, 2001 at 12:03:54:

I have a unique situation. I took over my friend's east village studio about 2 months ago. Although she had warned me of the crazy woman neighbor next door before (we share a common wall), I proceeded to take the apartment because it was rent-stablized and without a broker's fee. During my first week of staying, this woman knocked on my door, demanding that I have to follow her "rules" of living. She told me not to wear shoes in my own apt because she could hear me walk.(I'm only 95 lbs). Everytime, if I have guests over, she would bang on the wall. She even called the police claiming that I was having a party, the police actually waited in front of my door for 20 mins to verify the situation, they then knocked on my door explaining that there was a complain phone call but they didn't hear anything. I'm a very fair and quiet person, I understand the definition of living in new york. I have talked to my building management about her, they told me to ignor her because she has also been harressing other neighbor above and below her. This woman is crazy. I have a letter/statement from the previous tenant. Is there anything I can do to 1.have her stay away from me or 2. get her evicted? please advise

Thank You.

Peggy

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name