Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Limit to which LL can raise rent

Posted by Ace on April 12, 2001 at 17:20:28:

In Reply to: Limit to which LL can raise rent posted by SSB on April 12, 2001 at 12:59:17:

If you have a rent stabilized apartment and a lease then LL cannot evict you unless you refuse to pay rent. If you've been paying your rent on time and been an otherwise good tenant, he can't just up and evict you. I would continue to pay the rent, keep detailed notes, and have DHCR and the NYC Department of Housing numbers on speed-dial.

This LL is trying to intimidate you. Don't let him/her do it. Unless you want to move and he's willing to pay you what you want, plus your moving expenses (in writing and in cash) then forget about it and don't worry. LL doesn't have a leg to stand on.

: I live in a rent stabilized, mid-town studio (no kitchen.) The landlord wants me out because he can rent this unit for much more than I pay. I still have 1 3/4 years lease. To what limit can he raise the rent if I vacate, either voluntarily or through eviction?

: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name