Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

LL OKs Dish TV then changes mind after its installed

Posted by Ray on April 12, 2001 at 05:35:02:

I asked my LL if it would be alright to have a satellite dish installed. He said it was ok only if it was professionally installed and not be placed on the roof but on the side of the building. So I purchase a Starband/Dish TV package for $600.00, a second reciever model 4900 $250.00, installtion $300.00, $300.00 penalty for not fulfilling a 1 year contract with Dish TV, total $1150.00. The dish guy comes to install the system,( dish size 2'X 3') seeing he can't put it on the roof which would be the best location he had to install it on the front of the building. Everything installed the dish guy was just about to leave when my LL arrived. Well he had a lot of choice words to say about the dish on the front of the building. He then had the dish guy remove the dish off the building. The dish guy took it all down got in his truck and left. Now I have a dish I can not use and I wish to sue my LL for $1150.00. What grounds do I have for a law suit?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name