Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: My building is listed as rent-stabilized. How can I learn more?

Posted by chelsea on April 11, 2001 at 13:05:46:

In Reply to: My building is listed as rent-stabilized. How can I learn more? posted by Mike on April 11, 2001 at 10:35:15:

Call the DHCR Hotline at (718) 739-6400 and ask for a rent history. (Though their computers have been down all day today, so you have to keep calling.) They will send a rent history in the mail in two or three days. Check that against the legal guidelines at for the last four years. It's complicated, so if you're having trouble write back to this board and ask for help or go to a tenant clinic in your area. Also check out the various sections on rent stabilization/overcharge on this web site, meaning

: I put in my building and it came up having rent-stabilized or controlled units. Can I determine if I am being charged too much? Is there a place I can write to or call to inquire about this?

: Thanks

: Mike

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name