Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: not paying rent = you get evicted

Posted by Viowe on April 09, 2001 at 21:34:09:

In Reply to: not paying rent posted by mari on April 09, 2001 at 20:10:29:

You can be guaranteed trouble finding future apartments. You can bet the current landlord would have quite a word to say with anyone who called to check on your references. You also would be setting yourself up to be sued, in either small claims or housing court, for the back rent and any damages you caused. This means you'd have a judgement against you which would be on your credit report and preclude you from taking a loan in the future, and which you'd eventually have to pay, with interest..

The crazy thing about your question is that if you have a good relationship with your landlord, and kept the place well, if you'd ask him if you can do just what you are proposing, he/she might agree. I guess your question just shows, a few people would screw others over and renege on their agreements than simply work things out amenably.

: i live in brookyn, ny, have a month to month lease in a four family house. i am moving out on 5/31, i already gave my notice. my lease states that i cant use my security as rent. what will happen if i do not pay the may rent and just let ll use security, even if he dont want it that way?

: mari

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name