Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Need your help!!!!!!

Posted by KW on April 08, 2001 at 22:07:19:

In Reply to: Need your help!!!!!! posted by Kelley on April 05, 2001 at 11:52:01:

: Hello.
: Here's my situation:

: I've been living in a basement apartment( one family house) in NYC for 7 months now. I went through Century 21 real estate and paid my real estate fees when they found me the apartment, in addition to one month security and one months renttop the owner of the house/landlord.

: On Feb 21st, my landlord called me stating that I had to move out by feb. 28th. The landlord stated that the building inspector came and told him that since the apt was illegal, he had to remove certain items (stove and bath tub) of the apartment and appear in court on April 10th.
: I never signed a lease, but had a verbal agreement of one year. What am I entitled to? Can I ask the landlord for backpay for the 7months I've been living there? Both the landlord and realtor knew it was illegal when it was rented to me. I was never told by either party. What are my options? I'm a NYC officer and am dumbfounded how the realtor and the landlord rent an illegal basement apartment to a cop!

: thank you for your assistance!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name