Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Landlord Construction

Posted by Christopher on April 08, 2001 at 00:02:37:

I live in a rent stabilized apt in the upper east side. I have a lease that I renewed last year for 2 years. I have lived at this location for 9 years.

Today I received a letter from my landlord stating that, "Plans have been filed with the Building Dept for the contruction of front and rear penthouses." Of course, the penthouse is planned right on top of my apt since I live on the 5th floor of a 5 floor walk up. The letter goes on to state that the rear penthouse is designed so that entrance to to the penthouse my be through either apt 5re or 5rw. I live in 5re.

It goes on to state " We have recently completed a number of similar projects in which existing apartments have been connected to new construction. In each case we have obtained possession of the occupied apartments by structuring offers that have satisfied the tenant's individual needs. Most frequently this has been accomplished by relocating tenants to other, more desireable Eberhart apartments."

Do I have anything to worry about and can I say NO. If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name