Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: richard and ace and gary - can you please take a vow of silence ...WHY????????????

Posted by Debra on April 06, 2001 at 10:53:04:

In Reply to: Re: richard and ace and gary - can you please take a vow of silence ...WHY???????????? posted by dave on April 06, 2001 at 00:02:37:

I totally agree that people really need to protect themselves and know their rights especially in a city like NYC. You mention "life skills" a few times in your response, but life skills also include having tact and manners which you seem to lack.

: I really would like to know WHY?

: Is there something i am missing? I offer practical advice, which no one has seemd to teach these tenants,

: I think it is a disservice to ban us, we have to teach people certain LIFE SKILLS, like getting a lease from the landlord when you first rent a place.....NO LEASE NO MONEY...

: If you have a lease and the landlord sells the house the landlord cannot evict you, unless its in the lease....WHICH MOST TENANTS DONT READ!!!!

: Tenants have to learn how to protect their rights, but if you start off the landlord tenant relationship by THROWING AWAY your rights, then why should we be sympathetic?????

: It seems as though more then Half or more of these "problems" are the tenants themselves not being bright. yet how many of these posted have spent close to $100,000 on their Edukatshun, and cant even figure out a simple thing like a contract for their living arrangement.. IF A landlord asks for cash only, in a basment or attic apartment .should that set off red flags? ..or Not having a lease ready to sign when you handover your hard earned money, MAKING VERBAL DEALS to spend YOUR money on the LANDLORDS property...is really asking to be taken.

: OR witholding the rent when you have no lease....geez that one has no excuse.

: And how do we teach the ill informed that they are setting themselves up to be screwed?

: Sometimes telling people they will learn a very very expensive lesson in Life Skills from this....is REALLY the best answer.

: At least we have alertered them to their mistake and hopefuly they will know better next time.

: How can that be bad advice?

: : idea: why not take Gary and Richard and Ace off the board and get some fact-knowledagle people to talk indtead. Ther eis alot of hot air everywhere.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name