Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: richard and ace and gary - can you please take a vow of silence ...WHY????????????

Posted by dave on April 06, 2001 at 00:02:37:

In Reply to: richard and ace and gary - can you please take a vow of silence posted by earfull on April 05, 2001 at 16:50:26:

I really would like to know WHY?

Is there something i am missing? I offer practical advice, which no one has seemd to teach these tenants,

I think it is a disservice to ban us, we have to teach people certain LIFE SKILLS, like getting a lease from the landlord when you first rent a place.....NO LEASE NO MONEY...

If you have a lease and the landlord sells the house the landlord cannot evict you, unless its in the lease....WHICH MOST TENANTS DONT READ!!!!

Tenants have to learn how to protect their rights, but if you start off the landlord tenant relationship by THROWING AWAY your rights, then why should we be sympathetic?????

It seems as though more then Half or more of these "problems" are the tenants themselves not being bright. yet how many of these posted have spent close to $100,000 on their Edukatshun, and cant even figure out a simple thing like a contract for their living arrangement.. IF A landlord asks for cash only, in a basment or attic apartment .should that set off red flags? ..or Not having a lease ready to sign when you handover your hard earned money, MAKING VERBAL DEALS to spend YOUR money on the LANDLORDS property...is really asking to be taken.

OR witholding the rent when you have no lease....geez that one has no excuse.

And how do we teach the ill informed that they are setting themselves up to be screwed?

Sometimes telling people they will learn a very very expensive lesson in Life Skills from this....is REALLY the best answer.

At least we have alertered them to their mistake and hopefuly they will know better next time.

How can that be bad advice?

: idea: why not take Gary and Richard and Ace off the board and get some fact-knowledagle people to talk indtead. Ther eis alot of hot air everywhere.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name