Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent Stabilization

Posted by Angela on March 27, 2001 at 10:06:03:

In Reply to: Rent Stabilization posted by Angela on March 24, 2001 at 22:58:35:

Hello and thank you very much to all who responded on my question. I called the Brooklyn Rent Hotline and found out that my apartment is not rent stabilized anymore, it was thru 1998 (the year when I rented the apartment) and then they converted to co-op. Tomorrow building manager is going to inspect my apartment to verify the possesion of the dog. I'll try to negotiate without mentioning the NYC Pet Law, because I need my lease to be renewed in October, but I'll see how he reacts. If he is not cooperative then I have to tell that they do not have right to demand to get rid of the dog because of the Pet Law and in this case I think somewhere in late May I'll know if they will renew my lease, if they are not then probably we have to buy something, because I do not beleive we will find a good apartment in Brooklyn with the reseanable rent where they allow dogs. I am thinking about buying a condo. Thank you again to all who replied on my post. Tomorrow after manager's visit I'll post what happens.
Have a good day, Angela.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name