Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: section 8

Posted by jj on March 27, 2001 at 07:14:22:

In Reply to: section 8 posted by Michelle on March 19, 2001 at 20:06:08:

These are area where tenants and landlords should work together. 1) Housing Authorities should always pay what they owe and on time 2) Housing Aurhority inspections should be eliminated in any city that has a housing inspection office. They are a hassle for tenants, a hassle for landlords, and cost the tax payers money that would be better spent on more housing. That does not mean that landlords should be allowed to have code violations. They should not. It just means that landlords and tenants with section 8 should have the same practices as any other landlord or tenant. If there is a code violation which the landlord will not fix the tenant whether or not they have section 8 can call the city housing inspector. A landlord who had a section 8 tenant should not be held to a stricter standard that a landlord who does not.

: I'm a small landlord that lives in the building that I own. Believe me I am not the "lord of the land" and if I miss a pay period from my modest civil servant's salary, I'm screwed.

: I have a section 8 tenant that I've been working with for the past ten months. I have not received the section 8 portion of the rent in that many months. My tenant is not the greatest, but my real gripe is in dealing with the NYCHA. They won't even pick up the phone to communicate with you. Instead they require that you take days off from your job at a tremendous cost to you.

: After I get rid of these section 8 tenants, that's it. I can no longer deal with the NYCHA. It's just too much to ask anyone to do. No wonder there's a shortage of landlords willing to accept section 8 tenants.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name