Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Co-tenant trying to evict me and move her sister in

Posted by New York Tenant on March 24, 2001 at 16:14:47:

In Reply to: Re: Roommate trying to evict me and move her sister in posted by sheababylv on March 24, 2001 at 15:23:20:

Unless the lease contains a clause requiring the landlord or the tenant to provide notice to the other party prior to the end of the lease, the lease would end on the last day of the lease -- in this case, probably March 31st.

If you and your brother sign a new lease, you could substitute a roommate for your brother, but your brother would still be liable for the rent as a co-tenant.

:
: The property mgr has told me that the landlord wants us both to fill out new applications. When I asked him what the landlord will base his decision on besides money (my brother will put his name on the lease with me, and he's rolling in dough), he said it will just be whoever he's comfortable with. If I have more money and credit that is just as good, what else could be the problem? I have yet to get a notice in writing about anything, so if I don't get a notice 30 days before my lease is up, they have to let me stay another month, right? If I find out after April 1, that I'm not approved for this apartment, do I have to leave by May 1?

: Also, if I do win this stupid battle, my brother's name will just be on the lease and he won't be living there. Do I have to mention that I'll be taking in a roommate since that person's name won't be on the lease?

: By the way, what do you guys think of listing services? I'm looking for another apartment in case I can't stay in this one, and something feels fishy about these listing services.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name