Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Pet Law and Rent Stabilization

Posted by Angela on March 23, 2001 at 13:15:38:

Hello. I've got a letter from the building management threatening to evict us because they found out we have a dog. I research the Pet Law in NYC (I live in Brooklyn in 6 store building) and I beleive this law applies to us, because the dog has been living with us for 2 years and always kept openly and notoriously, superintendant likes to play with him, we have tons of pictires and video tapes with our dog inside the apartment and outside the building. But my concern is that even if we would win and continue to keep the dog they probably would not renew the lease for the next term (lease expires September 30, 2001), but looking for the new apartment is not what we need now (I just had a baby last month). I know that for rent stabilize apartment they HAD to renew lease, but I have no idea what my apartment is. How can I find out what my apartment is and if it is not rent stabilize do I have any rights to have my lease renewed. By the way we never had any other problems with management (always pay in time, no complains from neighbors).

Thanks in advance, Angela.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name