Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: help !! HUH??? yup help we got

Posted by mary hartman, mary hartman on March 23, 2001 at 01:52:12:

In Reply to: help !! posted by eileen on March 21, 2001 at 18:39:16:

Once a house is sold it belongs to the new owner lock stock and mortgage. You were not living there onthe closing date, so the new landlord took the house AS-IS, if the new landlord didnt inspect the house before the closing then he screwed up...

You are not responsible for anything, as long as you did not live there after the closing.....case closed!

: I moved from a house that I was renting 9 months ago. My landlord sent us a letter stating he had sold the house and he wanted us to move. We had a lease but still moved out 5 months earlier before the lease had expired because he was harrassing us to hurry and move. We even had to call the police because they kept calling us. Now 9 months later after the house is sold and the carpets have been torn up from the new owner he has sent me a letter saying that I damaged there carpets and they are sueing us for them. I beleive this is there form of retaliating. Can I counter sue them for breaking the lease early.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name