Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Legal Harrasment by Landlord

Posted by JT on March 21, 2001 at 13:42:52:

In Reply to: Legal Harrasment by Landlord posted by Long Island Apt on March 18, 2001 at 07:04:18:

WOW! Truth is stranger than fiction. GET A LAWYER!

: I began renting an apt in a house in Feb. from a woman that took a months security in checks but demanded I pay rent in cash, but she also promised to give me receipts. By March 11th she had not given any receipts for the two months paid in cash and I went to her door asking for the receipts. She slamed the door in my face telling I would get nothing. I rang the bell again and was about to tell her that I would have to pay her by check when she yelled at me to get out of the apt by that night. I then went to my apt and called the police. While I was on the phone she burst in and threw the receipts at me. The police left after writing a report of LL/Tenant dispute over receipts, I thought the matter over. Two days later Detectives show up at my place of employment to arrest me for Assualt. I told them the story and they just gave me t ticket to appear in court on May 3rd. Two more days pass and another Policeman is at my door issuing a Protection Order against me. Then Finally I am handed a Hold Over based on the criminal assualt, (that never took place). She has my rent and a months security and has lied to use the system to illegaly evict me. What can be done?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name