Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Roommate

Posted by New York Tenant on March 19, 2001 at 00:08:39:

In Reply to: IS THIS NEW THING WITH ROOMATES EFFECTIVE TO CURRENT TENATS OR JUST NEW TENANTS posted by james on March 18, 2001 at 23:13:35:

The law requires only that you tell your landlord the name of your roommate. I wouldn't give him any more information.

DHCR's new regulations say nothing about a tenant providing the landlord with any more information about a roommate.

See Met Council's March 1996 fact sheet:

http://tenant.net/Tengroup/Metcounc/Mar96/sublet.html

:
: IM ALSO wondering what this all means can someone sane please tell me.
: I tried to read about it but i feel like i dont understand (to legal ease for me.)
: My landlord wants more information about my roomate as of friday and hes hell bent on getting it. Ive never had to give up info on a roomate. Do i have to and if i dont what can they do to me. I only charge him half anyway but ill be damned if im going to have my landlord sitting in my tiny s--hole of an apt telling me what i have to do. I feel like if i give in here its only the begining . next thing you know ill have to show my tax returns to my landlord every year so they can decide if i can live there. It just feels too policed for me pleas share your thoughts.
: signed
: pissed of in NY again...LOl

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name