Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

At the very least you should get 30 days notice...

Posted by MikeW on March 14, 2001 at 15:18:51:

In Reply to: Ten Day Notice to Quit Possession of Premises posted by Renee on March 13, 2001 at 16:30:18:

If you don't leave at that point, they can file for an eviction. If you fight to the hilt, you could get a few extra months.

: I've been subleasing a co-op in Brooklyn, NY since November 1997. My lease expired in November 2000. A few months prior to the expiration the owner of the co-op infomred me that she would be selling the co-op, and we could stay either until she found a buyer or we found a place (hence the start of my month-to-month tenancy). I received a notice from lawyers informing me that the co-op was going up for public auction. The day of the public auction, the bank purchased it for 100.00 and sent me a ten day notice to quit possession of premises.

: I have been in contact with a representative of the bank with respect to purchasing the co-op, and she informed me that once someone comes out to access the co-op we can talk price. In the meantime, she will contact the law office to hold off on any further proceedings.

: Finally, my question... How long does the eviction process take? What's the next step after I receive the ten day notice to quit and how much longer do I have until they can have me legally evicted?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name