Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: lobby is for hanging out in and waiting!!

Posted by Me Marsha Too on March 13, 2001 at 22:34:26:

In Reply to: Re: lobby is for hanging out in and waiting!! posted by Ace on March 12, 2001 at 11:14:36:

Thank you so much! I am one of those persons who live on the ground floor and it never ceases to amaze me how insensitive people are. For some reason people do think it is their right to congregate in the lobby. The things that they do in the lobby, they wouldn't do in their apartment. I jut don't get it...

: While a lobby does serve as a waiting room, it is not one for an apartment building. In a hotel, yes, but not an apartment building. A lobby in an apartment building is NOT a hangout spot. If you lived on the ground floor attached to the lobby, then you would understand the noise levels that can go on all day and all night long. I never did understand why kids would be hanging out in the lobby, being loud and playing music, shouting and being silly -- they cna do that in their parents' apartment -- which they were probably told not to do in their parent's homes, but to do outside!

: : RIDICULOUS. A lobby is for waiting and hanging out in. That is what it is for. it is a public space. My coop onthe Upper West Side kind of tried this because ewe have some uptight residents with control problems but it is their [problem. Your lanlord cannot dictate this. You just get a petition and get residents to write angy letters about it and hold to your guns. It is absurd.

: : : what restrictions can the landlord place on lobby use? our building (rental, approx 100 units Bronx, NY) landlord recently posted a sign stating that "the lobby cannot be used as an area for congregating or as a play area for youngsters" he stated that we "must wait outside for children returning home from school."

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name