Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Ten Day Notice to Quit Possession of Premises

Posted by Renee on March 13, 2001 at 16:30:18:

I've been subleasing a co-op in Brooklyn, NY since November 1997. My lease expired in November 2000. A few months prior to the expiration the owner of the co-op infomred me that she would be selling the co-op, and we could stay either until she found a buyer or we found a place (hence the start of my month-to-month tenancy). I received a notice from lawyers informing me that the co-op was going up for public auction. The day of the public auction, the bank purchased it for 100.00 and sent me a ten day notice to quit possession of premises.

I have been in contact with a representative of the bank with respect to purchasing the co-op, and she informed me that once someone comes out to access the co-op we can talk price. In the meantime, she will contact the law office to hold off on any further proceedings.

Finally, my question... How long does the eviction process take? What's the next step after I receive the ten day notice to quit and how much longer do I have until they can have me legally evicted?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name