Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Who owns Bettina Equities?

Posted by New York Tenant on March 13, 2001 at 11:53:48:

In Reply to: who owns bettina equities? posted by carah on March 13, 2001 at 11:16:14:

Bettina Equities owns many remodeled buildings in New York City, especially in Manhattan.

What is Bettina's corporate name on your lease? That should be the name of the entity you sue.

I don't know why the small claims court clerk told you that you also need the name of the "owner" of Bettina Equities. In fact, the small claims law in New York City was amended several years ago to make it easier for people to sue businesses that use trade names instead of their corporate name, or instead of the name of the person or partners who own a non-corporate business.

The names of the officers of Bettina should be available in the county clerk's office (in the basement of 60 Centre Street in Manhattan), but you shouldn't need anything other than Bettina's correct corporate name to sue.

:
: I'm bringing a small claims action against big NYC landlord "Bettina Equities" for failure to return my whole deposit. I'm told by the court clerk I need to sue the person who owns the company, not just Bettina Equities. Does anyone know who owns bettina or how I can find out?

: thanks!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name